Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
From afterninetofive.net. I haven't made this yet but I love Qdoba's tortilla soup and this is the closest-sounding recipe I can find. The original recipe creater suggests adding in other cooked veggies, such as squash, zucchini, or onion. Obviously, the recipe isn't vegan if you add cheese or sour cream :)
- 32 fluid ounces vegetable broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- chili powder (to taste)
- cumin (to taste)
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 3 cups pinto beans
- corn tortilla strips or chips
- cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- Combine the broth, tomatoes, chiles, garlic, chili powder and cumin in a big pot. Bring to a boil on the stove.
- Add in the pinto beans and white rice. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Dish out into bowls and top with tortilla strips/chips.
- Add any other additional Mexican toppings.