Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Bump up your healthy veggies with this easy to make soup. Will feed a crowd easily. The soup is very brothy for a low calorie starter or you can serve with cheese, chips, and guacamole for a filling meal. The soup can be prepared a day ahead to let the flavors develop.
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 32 ounces frozen onion and three pepper blend
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 3 quarts vegetable broth
- 2 (11 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, undrained
- 10 corn tortillas, diced
- Heat oil over medium heat in a 6 quart dutch oven or soup stock pot. Add pepper and onion stir fry and garlic. Saute until tender, but not browned.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.