Recipe by Vino Girl
A medley of corn, soybeans and fresh vegetables comprises this easy-to-make satisfying meal in a bowl. From Vegetarian Times.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small zucchini, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked black soybeans or 1 1⁄2 cups other beans
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped (fresh or canned)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons cheese, shredded (Jack or other) (optional)
- 4 teaspoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- hot sauce (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, jalapeno and garlic and cook, stirring often, about 4-5 minutes or until onion is slightly soft.
- Add broth, oregano, zucchini, beans and tomatoes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is almost soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top each serving with some cheese and cilantro if using; top with tortilla chips.
- Serve hot with hot sauce on the side.