Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Simple and direct, yet so filling. A wonderful healthy meal for the entire family. For variety, I sometimes substitute a can of red kidney beans for the black beans.
- 1 1⁄2 cups light ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- pam vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups picante sauce or 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Combine ricotta and egg.
- Stir till smooth& set aside.
- Spray 2 quart casserole dish with Pam.
- Spread 1/2 c. salsa to cover bottom.
- Layer 3 tortillas on top, then spread half the ricotta mixture on tortillas.
- Spread half of the beans onto the cheese layer.
- Top with 1/2 cup salsa.
- Add remaining 3 tortillas on top of this, then layer ricotta mixture, kidney beans, remaining salsa, with the last layer being the mozarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese Cover, bake 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly.
Great dish! I substituted 1/2 the ligth ricotta cheese with fat free cottage cheese and it turned out great. I added some refried beans too. Delicious!!
This is a very satisfying meal, and it's really quick to prepare (I finished assembling the casserole in 10 minutes flat). I used red kidney beans instead of black beans, and I topped the casserole with cheddar (it was what I had on-hand). This made great leftovers, too. Thanks for posting!