Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This yummy recipe can be used for a pizza or pasta dish. If you not watching your weight or cholesterol (like we are) you can add sausage and cheese!
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 roasted garlic
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- canola oil
- Heat Canola oil in pan till hot. Chop onions put in hot pan. Caramelize (they get see through and brown and yummy).
- add roasted garlic. Put a pot of water on to boil.
- Add carrot and cook -- add boiling water for liquid; a splash at a time.
- Cut a X in the bottom of each tomato and drop in boiling water until it opens slightly. Pull out tomatoes and peel then cut up and add to sauce. Add 1/4 Cup red wine.
- Season to your tastes -- cook for about 1 hours
- Cook pasta.
- Add a splash of pasta water to make the sauce stick to the noodles better, drain noodles and toss in to the sauce. YUM!
- Sounds strange but I have 2 picky eaters and the gobbled it up! and one hates both cooked carrots and tomatoes! No leftovers :(.