Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Vegetarian dish and is used as a main course.
- 1 package firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 medium onion, chunked
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces fresh snow peas, trimmed and cut diagonally in half
- 1⁄3 cup stir-fry sauce
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, chunked
- 1⁄4 cup sliverd almonds
- Cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes; drain well on several layers of paper towels.
- Heat oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Add ginger; stir-fry 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add onion and salt; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add snow peas; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add stir-fry sauce, tomatoes and tofu.
- Gently stir to coat tofu and vegetables with sauce.
- Reduce heat and cook only until tomatoes and tofu are heated through.
- Sprinkle with almonds; serve immediately.
- Makes 4 servings.
it wasnt that great...the tofu was waaay too soft...i suggest stir-frying the tofu in some oil first...
I served this for my sons graduation party mainly for my daughter who is vegetarian. It was a huge hit among "Meat-Eaters"! Don't skip the almonds, they looked and tasted great.
This had a lot of textures, soft tofu to crispy snow peas and crunchy nuts. It was sweet from the tomatoes and sauce and the extra ginger I put in was great. I liked the sweet and savory mix more than i thought i would and almost skipped the almods, but don't! They were perfect, give them a try.