Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Can be assembled, wrapped airtight in foil (skip the baking step), and frozen for up to 3 months; just thaw overnight in the refrigerator and heat as directed.
- 2 cups fat-free vegetarian refried beans
- 1 3⁄4 cups salsa, divided (medium or hot)
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 14 ounces ground soy sausage
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a saucepan, stir the beans and ¾ cup salsa together; cook, stirring occasionally, over very low heat just until warmed through.
- Heat 2 ½ teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the soy sausage; cook/crumble for about 5 minutes or until browned; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 ½ teaspoons oil to the skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add in the onions, and stir/saute for about 4 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the potatoes, paprika, and pepper; cook and stir for 17-20 minutes, until the potatoes are almost tender.
- Return the soy sausage to the skillet and mix well.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender; remove from heat (check seasoning and add salt/pepper if needed).
- Tear 6 large pieces of foil; place a tortilla flat on each piece of foil and thinly spread about ¼ cup of the bean mixture.
- Spoon a heaping ½ cup of the potato mixture down the center of each tortilla; top potato mixture with about 2 ½ tablespoons salsa.
- Fold the bottom of each tortilla up to cover the filling; fold the sides toward the center, then roll up from the bottom.
- Wrap in foil and bake for about 10 minutes or until hot; remove from oven, unwrap and serve.