Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Vegetarian teething crackers. Found on a baby web site.
Top Review by Carolyn Kamberlane
These are great. Perfect for my teething 6 mo old because they don't break into pieces that he can choke on. The last 4 ingredients(the flours, wheat germ, dry milk) are the ingredients for \
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon soy flour
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon dry milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor, blender, or mixing bowl, blend the egg yolk, molasses, oil, and vanilla.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Combine the flours, wheat germ, and milk powder, and add them to the egg mixture to make a dough.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface.
- Place the dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or greased lightly with a mixture of liquid lecithin and oil.
- Cut the dough into rectangles no smaller than a baby's finger. Should be able to just fit into the baby's mouth.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- A baby's airway is the size of their pinkie finger. Babies should always be supervised while eating to avoid choking.