Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
quick and easy to prepare, delicious and satisfying one dish meal. This recipe is adapted from one I got from a friend.
- 1 (15 ounce) box cornbread mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can olives
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- combine contents of the cans and the chili powder and place in 4 liter casserole dish. the olives may be sliced.
- mix cornbread according to box directions.
- stir 1/4 cup of the corn bread mix into the vegetable and bean mixture.
- spread the remainder of the cornbread mix over the filling and bake according to instructions for cornbread mix until a knife inserted into the cornbread comes out clean and the cornbread is golden brown.
- Cool slightly before serving.