Recipe by Tish
Found in cooking light. I love a vegetarian recipe that doesn't taste less...
Top Review by georgie
yummy recipe! my only deviations were to add soyburger meat (after sauting w/onion & a little garlic), a little shredded zucchini. i only used black beans since i didn't have navy beans on hand. thanks! :)
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup jalapeno jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 6 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomatoes and boiling water; let stand 20 minutes.
- Drain tomatoes in a sieve over a bowl; set aside, reserving 1 Tbs tomato-soaking liquid.
- Combine 4 cups water, cornmeal, and salt in a large saucepan, and bring mixture to a boil.
- Cook cornmeal mixture over medium heat 5 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Stir in cheese.
- Pour half of cornmeal mixture into a lightly greased Pyrex pan, 13 x 9.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in a little olive oil til onion is soft.
- Add tomatoes, reserved tomato liquid, oregano, chili powder, beans, corn, and chiles, and cook 1 minute.
- Spoon bean mixture evenly over cornmeal crust.
- Drop remaining cornmeal mixture onto bean mixture.
- Bake pie at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until set.
- Serve pie with low-fat sour cream.