1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Tacos
Kozmic Blues's Note:
A vegetarian alternative to this Mexican favorite. My parents are a little leary of my non-meat dishes, but they love Mexican food. And this was a big hit. I was happy...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 red peppers or 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, de-seeded, minced (or to taste-can substitute hot sauce or a dash of cayenne for the heat)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 -5 tablespoons of your favorite chunky salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (I like the color this gives the beans)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander (your choice)
- 8 taco shells
- 1In large fry pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Cook the onion, celery, red or green pepper, jalapeno, and garlic until softened.
- 3Add garbanzo beans, spices, and a couple tsp of salsa.
- 4Stir until heated through.
- 5I like to fit the taco shells in a baking pan, spoon in filling evenly into the shells and bake in a 300°F oven for 5 minutes or so.
- 6It helps the shells from falling apart when you take the first bite.
- 7Remove from oven and top with your favorite toppings.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.5
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 589.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 9.4 g