Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a quick and healthy meatless soup. I usually serve it with cornbread.
Make and share this Vegetarian Taco Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas or 1 (15 ounce) can purple hull peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
Suggested condiments of your choice
- sour cream
- grated cheese
- picante sauce or Tabasco sauce
- sliced jalapeno
- green onion
- crushed tortilla chips or Fritos corn chips
- Drain and rinse first six ingredients in a large colander.
- Put in a crockpot or large pot.
- Add all other ingredients, stirring to mix well.
- Simmer about 30 minutes to an hour or cook in your crockpot on high for 2 hours.
I did not feel like cooking this came in handy as can be. Had everything but the black beans. We loved this. Has a good spicey taste. I added some celery and bell pepper and carrots. Topped with sour cream and tortilla chips. Very Good.
This soup is fabulous and so easy to make. All those different beans gave an interesting flavor and appearance. The seasoning with the taco mix and ranch mix was quite good. We ate on this a couple of days and then I froze the rest for later. Thanks Junebug. My family and I love this soup.
This was wonderful! I couldn't find the kidney beans, so I added hominy instead. Topped it off with sour cream and a little cheese and it was great!