1/6 Photos of Vegetarian Taco Salad - Low Fat
Brooke the Cook in WI's Note:
No meat or meat substitutes - great for winter days when fresh veggies are hard to find. Yummy vegetarian taco salad that even my 11 year old enjoys. Polenta corn chips have only 3.5g of fat per ounce - I use SOLEA polenta chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 3/4 ounces corn, drained
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 2 -3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 4 -5 cups mixed greens, shredded
- 5 ounces baked corn tortilla chips or 5 ounces polenta corn chips, broken
- 1Stir first seven ingredients (through sour cream) together in a large bowl until combined.
- 2Gently stir in mixed greens (greens will wilt if there are leftovers, so I usually just throw the greens on the serving plate!).
- 3Layer chips on serving plates and top with taco mixture.
- 4Serve with your favorite taco toppings if desired, olives, shredded cheese, taco sauce, etc.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Taco Salad - Low Fat
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.8
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 712.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: