No meat or meat substitutes - great for winter days when fresh veggies are hard to find. Yummy vegetarian taco salad that even my 11 year old enjoys. Polenta corn chips have only 3.5g of fat per ounce - I use SOLEA polenta chips.
- 16 ounces kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 3⁄4 ounces corn, drained
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 2 -3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup light sour cream
- 4 -5 cups mixed greens, shredded
- 5 ounces baked corn tortilla chips or 5 ounces polenta corn chips, broken
- Stir first seven ingredients (through sour cream) together in a large bowl until combined.
- Gently stir in mixed greens (greens will wilt if there are leftovers, so I usually just throw the greens on the serving plate!).
- Layer chips on serving plates and top with taco mixture.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings if desired, olives, shredded cheese, taco sauce, etc.