Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
You wouldn't think this would taste as good as it does by looking at the ingredients. We were very surprised and pleased.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (more for thinner stew)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes (diced and peeled)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1⁄4 cup green chili (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lime juice
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onions and garlic, cook until lightly browned. Add bell peppers, cook for 5 minutes. Stir in water, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, beans, chiles, tomato sauce, chili powder and cumin.
- Cook over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened and potatoes are cooked through. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
The sweet & spicy comination ROCKS, thanks!
Sweet potatoes are so versatile and I have to say this is one of my favorite ways to prepare them. This healthy meal is perfect for a chilly night and my boyfriend just loves it during the football season.