Recipe by senseicheryl
This was the featured recipe in an email from the Best of Spark People. It is listed on the www.sparkrecipes.com website: "Submitted by STILLFLYIN This recipe creates its own thin crust and can easily be made vegan."
- 354.88 ml soymilk
- 78.07 ml egg substitute (equal to 2 eggs)
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml cooked sweet potatoes, mashed (or pumpkin or winter squash)
- 118.29 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch deep dish pie pan with cooking spray. A deep dish is recommended because this pie will rise a lot during cooking but will shrink back as it cools.
- Put the first 4 ingredients in the blender and blend well. Add the sweet potatoes and puree. Add the remaining ingredients and blend on high, stopping to scrape the sides a few times to make sure everything is thoroughly blended.
- Pour into the pie pan and bake for about 60 minutes. A standard toothpick or knife test does not work on this pie. Look for the center to be moist, but cooked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.