Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious! You'd never know it was vegetarian and Weight Watchers friendly. Even my boyfriend loved it and said I should make it again. This could probably be made vegan very simply by substituting soy cheese for the mozzarella, though I haven't tried that. Boyfriend also suggested that this would make a great lasagna (and no carb guilt)!
- 2 fat zucchini (6 inches long, 3-4 inches diameter)
- 2 cups boca burger soy crumbles
- 2⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella-provolone cheese blend
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce (I use Ragu 6 cheese)
- 4 1⁄2 ounces of diced green chili peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 -8 leaves fresh basil
- fresh parsley (a small handful)
- In nonstick pan, spray olive oil.
- Saute onion (diced) and garlic until translucent over medium heat. Add green chilies, diced herbs, and soy crumbles until heated through (just 2 minutes or so). Stir in spaghetti sauce until heated through (another 2 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut both zucchini in half lengthwise and hollow out the halves (removing seeds, leaving a shell with the zucchini "meat" intact).
- Spray a baking dish with olive oil and place the zucchini halves in the dish. Fill the halves each with 1/4 of the soy mixture.
- Put in oven for 30 minutes, then top with mozzarella cheese. Allow to bake for another 15 minutes.
- Notice this recipe does not call for salt or other spices -- it is so flavorful that it doesn't need it! But I'm sure that adding your own spices will only make it that much better. :-) Roughly 7 points per zucchini half, and very filling! Points could be saved by using lower fat cheese, too.