Recipe by Victoria & Scott Cohen
Our absolute favorite fast meal!! I purposely "forget" to take something out of the freezer for dinner some nights so that we can have these!!
- 4 medium russet potatoes (scrubbed and jabbed)
- 2 cans vegetarian chili (found with the regular chili)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 dash of good balsamic vinegar (to personal taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except potatoes and cheese in a pan in which you first put about 2 tblsp of olive oil.
- Simmer for 10 or 15 minutes, until totally blended and onion cooks a bit.
- Place potatoes, individually wrapped in paper towels, in microwave and nuke until mushy (soft when you squeeze the paper towels).
- Remove and place one potato on each plate, slit and mash a bit.
- Spoon hot chili mix over each, topping each with grated cheese.
- You can add a spoonful of sour cream and some guacomole to make these really special and good, or be creative with your own ideas!