Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Our absolute favorite fast meal!! I purposely "forget" to take something out of the freezer for dinner some nights so that we can have these!!
- Place all ingredients except potatoes and cheese in a pan in which you first put about 2 tblsp of olive oil.
- Simmer for 10 or 15 minutes, until totally blended and onion cooks a bit.
- Place potatoes, individually wrapped in paper towels, in microwave and nuke until mushy (soft when you squeeze the paper towels).
- Remove and place one potato on each plate, slit and mash a bit.
- Spoon hot chili mix over each, topping each with grated cheese.
- You can add a spoonful of sour cream and some guacomole to make these really special and good, or be creative with your own ideas!
I often stuff potatoes with chickpeas flavored with allspice but canned vegetarian chili is a fantastic idea! These are great with tomato sauce, served over rice.
Wow, I was a bit skeptical, but I followed the recipe to the letter, and this was a good filling quick meal. As well as economical. I look forward to doing it again and maybe adding some more ingredients to the chili.
Delish quick meal!