1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Stuffed Eggplant (Aubergine)
I first tasted this at a friend's house several years ago. She was kind enough to give me the recipe, although I have to admit it was a gunpoint, this is one of her specialties. You can omit the cheese for a vegan dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Wash the eggplant well--do not peel.
- 3Cut each eggplant in half lengthwise.
- 4Scoop out centers, leaving a 1-inch shell.
- 5Dice eggplant pulp and reserve.
- 6Fill a large skillet with ½ inch of water and 1 teaspoon salt.
- 7Place the eggplant shells in the water, skin side up, and bring to a boil over a high flame.
- 8Lower the flame, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- 9Drain the shells and put them on a baking sheet, skin side down.
- 10Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté the onion, green pepper, zucchini, garlic and the reserved eggplant until tender.
- 11Add tomato paste, sugar, seasonings, and the cooked kidney beans.
- 12Simmer uncovered 10 minutes longer.
- 13Fill shells with vegetable mixture and top with grated cheese.
- 14Bake for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Stuffed Eggplant (Aubergine)
Serving Size: 1 (603 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.4
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 54.5 mg
- Sodium 1956.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.2 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 25.6 g