This is a good easy way of making derma(i.e. Jewish Soul Food) without using beef casings. Try it, you'll like it. Tam-Tam crackers are in the kosher/ethnic aisle of the supermarket, even where I live. Serve as a side dish or as an appetizer
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Break cracker into bowl of food processor.
- 3Process into fine crumbs.
- 4Transfer to large bowl.
- 5Combine carrots, celery, egg and onions in food processor bowl.
- 6Process until almost pureed.
- 7Add to crumbs and blend well.
- 8Stir in melted butter.
- 9Mix thoroughly.
- 10Divide evenly onto 2 equal pieces of aluminum foil.
- 11Roll on foil into 2 cylinders 2 inches in diameter.
- 12Roll ends of foil closed, sealing tightly.
- 13Place on baking sheet.
- 14Bake for 50 minutes or until set.
- 15Remove foil.
- 16Cut into slices.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Stuffed Derma
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.8
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 113.8 mg
- Sodium 712.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 6.9 g