Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a good easy way of making derma(i.e. Jewish Soul Food) without using beef casings. Try it, you'll like it. Tam-Tam crackers are in the kosher/ethnic aisle of the supermarket, even where I live. Serve as a side dish or as an appetizer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Break cracker into bowl of food processor.
- Process into fine crumbs.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Combine carrots, celery, egg and onions in food processor bowl.
- Process until almost pureed.
- Add to crumbs and blend well.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Divide evenly onto 2 equal pieces of aluminum foil.
- Roll on foil into 2 cylinders 2 inches in diameter.
- Roll ends of foil closed, sealing tightly.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until set.
- Remove foil.
- Cut into slices.