1/5 Photos of Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers
Miryam MS, RD's Note:
Healthy, nutritious and easy recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large sweet peppers (preferably red)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten (or equivalent egg substitute)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup light cheddar cheese
- 1Cook rice in 1-1/2 cups boiling salted water for 35 minutes or until tender.
- 2Drain if necessary.
- 3Set aside. Cut peppers in half.
- 4Remove seeds and white membrane. Parboil peppers in boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
- 5Arrange in slightly oiled, shallow 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- 6Heat oil in small skillet. Add onion, celery, and sunflower seeds.
- 7Saute until onion is tender.
- 8Remove from heat. Stir into rice. Add parsley, eggs, oregano, jalapeno pepper, black pepper, and salt to taste. Fill peppers with mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- 9Put about 1/3 cup hot water in bottom of dish.
- 10(I use the water used to parboil the peppers.) Bake at 400 F for about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.3
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 109.2 mg
- Sodium 736.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 15.2 g