- 4 red bell peppers or 4 green bell peppers, cut half lengthwise and remove seeds
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (1 pint)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly oil a large, shallow baking pan.
- Arrange peppers cut sides up in baking pan, and lightly oil cut edges of stems.
- In a bowl, toss tomatoes, onion, basil, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Spoon equal portions of mixture into peppers, and roast in upper third of oven until peppers are tender, about 20 minutes.