Recipe by MandaPanda
I don't eat meat or meat products, although I do eat dairy/eggs- this is a recipe I came up with while browsing the produce at our local farmer's market- hope you enjoy it as much as we did! There are a lot of ingredients, but all harmonious in my opinion.
- 1 Japanese eggplant, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup canned baby corn, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 1 cup extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup canned water chestnut, drained and rinsed
- soy sauce, to taste
- powdered ginger, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) package bean threads, prepared as package directs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before preparing this meal, combine tofu with enough soy sauce to lightly coat it, and one of the cloves of garlic- add ginger to taste, and allow to marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Combine all vegetables, garlic and 2 tbsp of oil in wok, add crushed red pepper, soy sauce, and ginger to taste, Cook until vegetables begin to soften, add tofu, cook 3 minutes more, and remove from heat. In a separate pan, add remaining oil and bean threads, add soy sauce to taste and heat for 2 minutes- scramble egg in small bowl and drizzle over the bean threads while tossing threads to avoid large clumps of scrambled eggs. When egg is thoroughly cooked, removed from heat and add vegetables- serve hot.