Recipe by fawn512
from World's Healthiest Foods (whfoods.com) simple to make and healthy too
Top Review by Dominick & Amanda
I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but I did use your method of cooking and seasoning the vegetables I used and this came out great! Instead of vegetable broth I used sesame oil. I didn't use cabbage, tofu, or cilantro. I added bean sprouts, green pepper, and green onion. Delicious! This dish has a very nice flavor. :)
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced medium thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable broth
- 4 medium garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh shiitake mushroom (remove stems)
- 2 cups sliced green cabbage
- 5 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare ingredients to stir-fry.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a stainless steel wok or 12 inch skillet. Healthy Stir-Fry onion for about 2 minutes in broth over medium high heat stirring constantly.
- Add red pepper and mushrooms. Continue to stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and continue to cook stirring for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add cabbage, and rest of ingredients and cook for another 2 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.