Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs 15 mins
This is a nice fall stew for when the weather calls for something to warm you up inside. Since it's vegetarian and chock full of vegetables it can't go wrong for those seeking a healthier diet. What's also good is that you can take the peelings and use them to make your own vegetable broth or stock.
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups butternut squash, cut into large pieces
- 4 red mcintosh apples, chopped into large pieces
- 3 parsnips, peeled, and cut into large pieces
- 3 celery, diced into large pieces
- 4 potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 celeriac, peeled
- carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped into large pieces
- 2 large garlic cloves, smashed
- salt and pepper
- Set a 4 quart crockpot on high.
- Add the ingredients and let it come to a boil. Set on low and continue to cook for 6 hours. Eat while warm.
I took this to a church potluck and it was enjoyed. I liked the slightly sweet broth which gave the vegetables a nice flavor! Thanks!