1/7 Photos of Vegetarian Spring Rolls
The best thing about these is they're baked and not fried but they still come out very crispy. I have occasionally "cheated" and fried these, as a couple of the photos show, so if you're in a hurry or just don't mind the calories, please go ahead and shallow fry in a frying pan for a couple minutes on each side. This recipe will give you 12 large spring rolls or 24 if you're using the smaller sized wrappers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce fine cellophane noodle
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 24 spring roll wrappers
- 1Place the noodles in a bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover. Let stand for 4 minutes.
- 2Drain, rinse in cold water and drain again.
- 3Cut into 2-inch lengths.
- 4Heat the peanut oil in a wok over high heat.
- 5Add the garlic, ginger, scallions, beansprouts, cabbage and carrot and fry for a minute.
- 6Stir in the sesame oil, soy sauce, rice wine, pepper, cilantro and mint and take off the heat.
- 7Stir in the rice noodles.
- 8Arrange the wrappers on the counter, pointing diagonally.
- 9Spoon a bit of the filling onto the bottom corner of the wrapper.
- 10Roll the point of the wrapper over the filling, then fold the side points inward over the filling.
- 11Continue to roll up the wrapper away from you, using a bit of water to seal the roll if needed.
- 12Brush with oil and bake in a 400 F oven until crispy, about 15-20 minutes.
- 13You may want to flip the spring rolls halfway through baking.
- 14You can also freeze these unbaked and then bake from frozen. This will take about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.5
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 179.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g