1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Split Pea Soup Recipe
1 hr 10 mins
One of my all time favorite Split Pea Soups
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the carrot, celery, onion and thyme, season lightly with pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
- 2Add the stock and split peas, and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
- 3Lower the heat and simmer until the peas are tender, about 1 hour.
- 4Puree 2/3 of the soup in a blender and stir it into the remaining 1/3.
- 5If the soup is too thick, thin it by adding a little more stock. Raise the heat and bring the soup to a boil for 15 seconds.
- 6Add salt and additional pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Split Pea Soup Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.3
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: