Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a nutricious, quick side dish. Makes a good leftover sandwich filler the next day also.
Make and share this Vegetarian Spinach Patties recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Squeeze water from spinach and place in bowl with balance of ingredients. Mix well and form into small patties. Spray patties on both sides with cooking spray and place in a non stick lightly greased skillet. Cook patties a few minutes on each side and serve.
- You can add optional ingredients such as red pepper flakes, minced onion or a little garlic powder to mixture before you form patties.
I made these and added a bit of Mrs. Dash. Divine! Have some left overs for dinner tonight. Thanks. Post more recipes! You have some great ones. I printed a few to try soon.
These were quick and easy to make and a great way to use up some leftover basmati rice. After the first batch I did go back and add some onion, garlic, Greek oregano, and a dash of lemon juice. They were also good with sour cream served over the top. I'm sure I'll be making these again ~ thanks for posting!
I made this for dinner tonight. Instead of white flour I used groud flazxseed and these were wonderful. Crunchy on the outside and a little omega -3 in the recipe too. Thanks a bunch