Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
It's great because it's low in fat, high in fiber, plus it's easy to make.
Make and share this Vegetarian Spinach Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans or 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- hot cooked couscous (optional)
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the onion, garlic and curry powder in oil for 3-4 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, spinach and 1 cup garbanzo beans.
- In a blender, combine the broth and remaining garbanzo beans; cover and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Stir into skillet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until mixture is heated through.
- Serve over couscous if desired.
Good recipe! I like pureeing the chickpeas to give it that added thickness. I played with the recipe a bit, though- I added fresh ginger, cumin seeds and fresh spinach thrown in at the end. Yum!
This was just great. Sprinkle some red pepper on there for some extra zip. Excellent blend of flavors. Thanks for sharing this one.
This was a great meatless meal served over basmati rice. I did add a bit of cumin and a mashed banana. This was easy to make and the leftovers freeze well. Good recipe