1/4 Photos of Vegetarian Spinach, Cheese and " Sausage" Casserole
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This casserole is a simple, easy to prepare, one-dish, meatless meal. Great for brunches. Be sure to drain the spinach really well. For non veggies, you can easily substitute ground breakfast sausage or crumbled bacon if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and very well drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (cheddar or pepper jack are good substitutes as well)
- 1/2 cup ground soy sausage, lightly browned (I like LiteLife Gimme Lean brand)
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1Thoroughly mix all ingredients.
- 2Pour mixture into a greased 9 inch pie plate (I have also used a square casserole dish as well).
- 3Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or until center is set.
- 4Once out of the oven, I usually let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes.
- 5To serve, either cut into wedges, or squares, depending on what type of dish you used.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Spinach, Cheese and " Sausage" Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.2
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 146.2 mg
- Sodium 452.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: