Recipe by ChipotleChick
Posted in response to a request for vegetarian crock pot recipes. I haven't tried it, but it sounds good!
Top Review by Cosmicwench
I added crushed red pepper,mushrooms,diced red onion and zucchini and a jalapeno pepper along with the other veggies, along with 1/2 cup more water. To serve I sprinkled fresh basil, the mozzarella and a generous dash of freshly grated parmesan. YUMMY!!!
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 small bell pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into small wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked spaghetti
- 1⁄4 lb grated mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In slow cooker pot, mix dry sauce mix with tomato sauce and water.
- Cut zucchini into 1/2-inch crosswise slices.
- Peel eggplant, slice thinly and then cut each slice into quarters.
- Add all the diced and sliced veggies to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Serve sauce on top of cooked spaghetti with mozzarella sprinkled on top.