Recipe by Amber Nettie
Clipped from Quick Cooking magazine, offers a protien-laden, meat-free spaghetti sauce preparation.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (26 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans or 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with onion and garlic, undrained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and garlic powder in oild until tender.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, beans, tomatoes, sugar, salt, oregano and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Drain spaghetti; top with sauce and Parmesean cheese.