Recipe by Chef CDB
I'm not a vegetarian, but I wanted to give this a try anyways. It's a very filling and healthy alternative to the usual spaghetti and meatballs.
- 4 clove garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 12 ounces soy crumbles
- 12 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 6 ounces canned tomato paste
- 4 ounces canned mushrooms
- 28 ounces marinara sauce, store-bought
- 28 ounces plum tomatoes (es)
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons kraft 100% grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large pot with a water, add salt and set to boiling. Once water starts to boil, add pasta and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Chop onion and saute with garlic in olive oil in an extra large pot or wok. Crumble 'ground beef' and add to garlic and onions.
- Combine all tomato products, mushrooms and marinara sauce with beef and onions. Add salt, pepper, basil and oregano to taste.
- Once pasta is cooked, combine with sauces in pot or wok. Stir completely and carefully pour into a 13 x 9 glass or metal pan.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.