I found this recipe when joining a crockpot recipe group on yahoo. Have not made this yet but it sounds very good and could be easily doubled for a larger family. Add a salad and breadsticks for a easy and quick meal.
- To a crock pot add the dry spaghetti sauce mix, tomato sauce, and water.
- In 1/2-inch crosswise slices, cut zucchini.
- Peel the eggplant, slice thinly, and then cut each slice into quarter pieces.
- Add zucchini, eggplant, green pepper, tomatoes and salt to spaghetti sauce mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Before ready to serve, cook spaghetti according to the package directions and drain well.
- Top each serving of spaghetti with the vegetable sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese and serve immediately.
I loved it! I made the half of it, substitude green for red pepper and I also added red pepper flaked to made it a bit hot! And I added some olive oil at the end. Next time I'll cook firstly the vegetables in olive oil and the I'll add the tomatoes. Thanks Lauri for a wordeful dinner!