Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy salad made with vegetarian black bean patties from the freezer section and served with sliced quesadilla wedges, guacamole, salsa and sour cream.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mixed salad greens
- 4 frozen veggie burgers, patties (black bean)
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 1 sliced cucumber
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 cup store bought guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 tablespoons good quality ranch dressing
- 4 corn tortillas, sliced into thin strips
- oil (for frying)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 burrito-size flour tortillas
- In a large bowl combine bagged salad, sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumber, sliced green onions, corn and chopped cilantro. Set aside.
- Heat black bean patties in microwave according to package directions. Once cooked slice into strips.
- While patties are cooking heat enough oil to fry tortilla strips in a skillet.
- Fry tortilla strips until crispy and lightly browed. Drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle strips with cumin and garlic salt. Set aside.
- Drain oil from frying pan and lightly dry with paper towels. Place one flour tortilla in pan and warm lightly on both sides. Sprinkle with some of the shredded Mexican cheese and fold over (Dont use it all. Make sure to save some cheese for the salad!). Continue flipping the quesadilla to prevent burning until cheese melts. Repeat with second flour tortilla and set both quesadillas aside until cool enough to handle. Slice into medium sized triangles. Set aside.
- Divide the salad mix among four large bowls or plates.
- Top each with remaining cheese, sliced black bean patties, a big dalop of sour cream, guacamole, salsa and fried tortilla strips. Drizzle 1 tbs of ranch dressing on top of each salad and finish off by placing sliced quesadilla triangles around the plate.