Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Vegetarian lasagna made with black beans, kidney beans, and ro-tel tomatoes. A modified version of a recipe from a ro-tel can.
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- Cook the lasagna noodles as directed.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Roast the corn at 425 degrees for 20 minutes until browned.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, beans, corn, and ro-tel tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, and cilantro.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, layer 1/3 cooked noodles, 1/3 cheese filling, 1/3 sauce, and 1/3 Monterey Jack cheese. Repeat to make three layers.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
My husband, daughter and I enjoyed this dish. I halved the recipe and served it for lunch. Thanks Bill!