Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cool! Both soba and sushi at once! posted in request to a topic in forum asking about adding soba. I tried this recipe, but I skipped the peppers, and used only wakame, shiitake mushrooms. my mom thought that there wasn't enough soy sauce. recipe from http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/cookshouse/page38.html
- 1⁄2 lb soba noodles, blanched al dente
- 1⁄4 cup scallion
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- wasabi oil, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup pickled ginger, chopped finely
- 10 sheets nori
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 5 shiitake mushrooms
- wakame seaweed (i don't know how much i used, use as much as you like)
- If using shiitake mushrooms and wakame, reconstitute it in water and coook it briefly in hot water and drain.
- In mixing bowl, combine soba noodles, soy sauce, wasabi, rice wine vingear, scallions, and ginger.
- Place a sheet of nori, shiny side up on the sushi mat.
- Place thin layer of noodle mixture at the bottom third of the nori.
- Put some peppers and cucumber on top (for me, it was wakame and shiitake).
- Roll tightly.
- Moisten top edge of nori with water to seal sushi roll cut and serve.