Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe at honey.com - but I've made it vegetarian to my liking.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 250 g tofu crumbles or 250 g vegetarian beef substitute
- 1⁄2 cup canned tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, mild
- to taste salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- Saute onion, carrots and pepper in oil to soft.
- Add tofu crumbles and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (not buns) and simmer covered 3 to 5 minutes.
- Divide mixture over hamburger buns and serve. Recipe can be doubled.