Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom would make these when my brother decided to become a vegetarian, while my two oldest brothers are huge meat lovers! She didn't tell then these were meatless, but they like these even better than regular sloppy joes!
- 1 (10 ounce) package veggie burgers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 5 hamburger buns
- Thaw patties in microwave for about 40 seconds each. Chop into small pieces.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil until hot and add diced patties, cooking and stirring until evenly brown, adding more oil if necessary (could take 8-10 min).
- Add onion and bell pepper to "meat" and continue cooking and stirring for another 5 minutes.
- Stie in remaining ingredients, simmer over low heat for 5 minute Serve on hamburger buns.