Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 4 ounces adzuki beans, soaked
- 2 ounces brown rice, soaked
- to taste water, for boiling
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 275 ml bean stock
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb potato, Mashed
- Wash the beans and rice in plenty of cold water. Combine about 4 cups of water with beans and rice and cook for 5o minutes or until the beans are soft. Drain, reserving the stock for later.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Fry the onions for 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked beans and rice. Stir well and let saute for a few minutes, ensuring that the mixture does not burn.
- Combine the soy sauce, tomato paste, herbs and stock.
- Mix well and pour into the skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to very low, partially cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent it burning. Add more stock if necessary.
- Transfer into a casserole. Top the cooked vegetables with mashed potatoes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are browned.
- Serve with vegetables or a green salad.
recipe is hard to read. Odd flavor. Not appealing to look at.
Delicious!!Very filling and not too complicated to make!
I've just made it for dinner tonight, and was really nice...this recipe made me get the aduki beans that i've never heard of before. I reall enjoyed it and was quite fullfilling and well, i add a few vegetables more: zucchini, mushrooms & celery, to be fried with the other ingredients and when it was in the skillet, i put a layer of corn out of a can and then the mashed potatoes. Thanks a lot for this recipe is already in my favorites :)