Recipe by Olha
Layer of ground pinto beans, black beans, chickpeas with tomato and garlic. Topped with red and green peppers and zucchini, garlic and tomato and topped with mashed potatoes.
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed (divided)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned tomato, crushed (divided)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups pinto beans, cooked, drained
- 1 1⁄3 cups black beans, cooked, drained
- 1 1⁄3 cups chickpeas, cooked, drained
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Saute 2 cloves garlic for 1 minute. Add the red and green peppers, and zucchini and saute, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes, or until tender. Add 3/4 cup of the crushed tomatoes, salt, and black pepper, and cook uncovered three minutes longer.
- Place the pinto beans, black beans, chickpeas, remaining garlic and tomatoes in food processor, and puree until smooth.
- Spoon the puree into a lightly greased 9-inch pie pan. Top with the skillet mixture. Then spoon the mashed potatoes on top. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are lightly browned. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Serves 4.