Recipe by Demirep
A hearty and delicious meal that will please everyone at the table.
Top Review by sugar fix
YUM! I also used boca crumbles and just used little red potatoes with skins on for the mash (I don't like sweet potatoes either), and I left out the onions (don't like those either)... but it was great! My husband and I both ate double (maybe triple?) helpings!
- 78.07 ml yves vegetarian ground beef
- 177.44 ml undrained canned corn
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 3 medium cooking onions, diced
- 4 medium potatoes, cooked
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml margarine or 29.58 ml butter
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml vegetable stock
- 44.37 ml ketchup
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 7.39 ml salt
- 7.39 ml basil
- 7.39 ml oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In order to make this recipe, you need to make a batch of mashed potatoes; here is a simple way that yields amazing results. After boiling (2 medium) sweet potatoes and (6 medium) potatoes for about 15 minutes, drain and mash.
- Add some of your vegetable stock as needed and your (2 tbsp) margarine or butter.
- Continue to mash according to your taste, until desired texture is achieved.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- In a bowl, combine ketchup, salt, basil, oregano, soy sauce and the remainder of your vegetable stock.
- Sautee carrots and onions in olive oil for approximately 10 minutes on medium-high heat, or until desired tenderness.
- Add your package of Yves Veggie Ground Round Original, corn (with liquid), peas, garlic and your ketchup, soy sauce, vegetable stock mixture.
- Add flour to thicken the sauce, allow to simmer until desired consistency (approximately 5 to 10 minutes).
- Transfer this mixture into a large pan (I use a small roasting pan, use your best judgement).
- Spread the mashed sweet potato and potato over top using a rubber spatula.
- Bake, uncovered for 45 - 60 minutes.
- This recipe also freezes very nicely.