1/2 Photos of Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie
1 hr 45 mins
A hearty and delicious meal that will please everyone at the table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup yves vegetarian ground beef
- 3/4 cup undrained canned corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 3 medium cooking onions, diced
- 4 medium potatoes, cooked
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon basil
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1In order to make this recipe, you need to make a batch of mashed potatoes; here is a simple way that yields amazing results. After boiling (2 medium) sweet potatoes and (6 medium) potatoes for about 15 minutes, drain and mash.
- 2Add some of your vegetable stock as needed and your (2 tbsp) margarine or butter.
- 3Continue to mash according to your taste, until desired texture is achieved.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- 5In a bowl, combine ketchup, salt, basil, oregano, soy sauce and the remainder of your vegetable stock.
- 7Sautee carrots and onions in olive oil for approximately 10 minutes on medium-high heat, or until desired tenderness.
- 8Add your package of Yves Veggie Ground Round Original, corn (with liquid), peas, garlic and your ketchup, soy sauce, vegetable stock mixture.
- 9Add flour to thicken the sauce, allow to simmer until desired consistency (approximately 5 to 10 minutes).
- 10Transfer this mixture into a large pan (I use a small roasting pan, use your best judgement).
- 11Spread the mashed sweet potato and potato over top using a rubber spatula.
- 12Bake, uncovered for 45 - 60 minutes.
- 13This recipe also freezes very nicely.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.9
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 971.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian ground beef