Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my "meat-less" version of my grandma's old family favorite.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces veggie crumbles (Boca or Morning Star)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can peas, drained
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning or 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or 2 teaspoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 -4 cups mashed potatoes
- salt and pepper
- Saute the onion and garlic in a large skillet over medium high heat for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the package of soy crumbles, soy sauce or Braggs, creole seasoning and vegetable stock.
- Let soy crumbles simmer in the liquid until heated through for about 10-12 minutes, or until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Next, add the can of peas, and stir until combined and heated through.
- Add this to a large baking dish.
- Next, add a the corn over the top.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally top witht he leftover meashed potatoes.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes, or until potatoes begin to brown slightly.