Recipe by gourmandelle
I made this recipe especially for those of you who are always on the run and want something healthy to eat. This recipe is ready really fast and feeds 8 people! Tips for cooking rice pilafs: How do you know how much water you need to add? Easy! 3 times the amount of rice. It’s a 1:3 ratio. Also, boil the rice only for a couple of minutes then remove from heat and cover with a lid. This way it will absorb all the water and you’ll never have to worry again about burning the rice.
Top Review by Sophia P.
Followed recipe exactly, even added 1 clove of garlic (for extra flavour) but apparently didn't add enough, because this was extremely bland & not appetising at all. Disappointing.
- 1 cup rice (I used white rice. You can use round brown rice, itÃ¢ s healthier)
- 3 cups water
- 1 big onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 big red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika (optional, it gives a lovely reddish color)
- sea salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add chopped onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add grated carrot and diced pepper.
- Add the rice along with 3 cups of water. Stir until all ingredients are evenly spread. Add paprika, salt and pepper.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat and cover with a lid. Let it rest until all water is absorbed by the rice (10-15 minutes).
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve!