Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have used this every year at Christmas, and they are snatched up by both vegetarians and non-vegetarian's alike. They don't last long.
- Place all filling ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Roll out pastry, cut into long strips.
- Place sausage mix along edge and roll up to form a sausage shape.
- Cut rolls obliquely so that they form little diamond shapes.
- Snip each one on the top in three places with the end of some scissors, then brush with beaten egg.
- Bake on greased tray for 20-25 minutes.
Remembering that is is ONLY a sausage roll...delicious. Fiji is teaching me to be creative and the lack of flaky pastry dough (and my laziness not wanting to make it!) saw us using Filo sheets...mmmmmmmm! Apart from that, and a substitution of condensed chicken cream soup for the cream (various reasons I don't use cream here) but they are GREAT. Something different.
I cooked this for my vegetarian daughters for christmas day. EVERYONE loved them. I cooked another batch and added some shredded carrot for sweetness, along with some grated parmesan cheese as well as the cheddar. YUMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A new family favourite has been born
Terrific taste combination, enjoyed these a lot, enjoyed by everyone.