Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe I found in a magazine years ago. It is a firm favourite in our house and I have given the recipe to many people who also love them! You can also make them without the pastry as a veg burger in a bun. Meat eaters and vegetarians will LOVE these sausage rolls!
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup purchased breadcrumbs
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3 sheets of frozen ready rolled puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon milk
- poppy seed
- Pre heat oven to 200.C. Line 2 baking trays with non stick baking paper.
- Place cottage cheese, eggs, onion, pecans and soy sauce in a food processor. Process until well combined. Transfer to large bowl.
- Add carrot, breadcrumbs and oats. Mix well. Divide into 6 portions.
- Cut each pastry sheet in half. Brush lightly with milk. Shape one portion of mixture into a log 3cm from edge of long side of pastry. Roll up to enclose filling. Cut into 6 pieces (or preferred amount). Place on baking tray. Repeat with remaining pastry and mixture.
- Brush rolls with milk and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake 35 minutes or until golden.