Recipe by Stardustannie
These are a great pastry snack for a vegetarian...actually a lot of meat eaters don't even realise they aren't made from sausage meat.
Top Review by PBShakes
These are AWESOME! I just made a half recipe to try them out. I was a bit skeptical about the non-meat filling but they fooled my husband! I stuck to the recipe this time but next round I am going to spice them up a bit more. Thanks!
- 236.59 ml low fat cottage cheese
- 118.29 ml pecans
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking oats
- 118.29 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 3 sheet puff pastry
- 14.79 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cottage cheese, pecans, eggs, onion and soya sauce in food processor and process until fine. Transfer mixture to large bowl, add oats and breadcrumbs. Mix well.
- Cut pastry sheets in half, spoon mixture down edge of each strip or place filling in piping bag without a nozzle and pipe down one side of pastry. Brush other edge with milk. Roll to enclose filling with pastry, repeat with remaining pastry sheets.
- Cut each roll into 5 even lengths. Place on lightly greased oven tray, brush with milk and prick with fork.
- Bake in hot oven, 200°C, for 10-15 minutes or until crisp and golden.