Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is inspired by one I found at Sunflower Markets. I just added a few ingredients based on my taste preferences.
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon bouillon (not beef)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- Mix together protein and spices.
- Pour boiling water over mixture and let stand for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Stir in flour and eggs.
- Heat Olive oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- Shape the mixture into patties and brown on both sides.